As soon as i saw these on Lindsay's blog (surprise surprise!) i knew i had to make them. I thought they would be a great after dinner snack to satisfy our sweet tooth.
Frozen yogurt granola bars.
1 large tub of fat free greek yogurt,
1 small punnet of strawberries, chopped,
2 kiwi fruit, de-skinned and chopped,
3/4 cup of homemade chewy granola,
1/4 cup mixed nuts,
1/4 cup powdered sweetener,
1tsp vanilla extract.
1. Mix ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Pour into a pan lined with foil (mine was roughly 8x8 inches)
3. Wrap with cling film and put in freezer until frozen.
4. Let defrost until able to cut, mine took about an hour!
5. Cut into 6 pieces, put in freezer bags and store them in the freezer!
Recipe adapted from The Lean Green Bean
I added in the sweetener because greek yogurt can be rather sour and i didn't want that. It worked well and they taste so good! Nice and refreshing after a meal too, even in snowy weather! I love the combination of strawberry and kiwi too, but you can sub for any of your favourite fruit!
You could also use any granola, but just check the sugar and fat content, some are a bit heavy!