I don't usually crave or order anything with a creamy sauce, mainly because i know they're mostly always loaded with calories and fat and way too creamy for my taste buds, i'm really not a fan of cream. However, cheese? I love cheese. and bacon.
Creamy Chicken & Bacon Pasta.
Low cal/fat cooking spray,
1 onion, chopped,
2 cloves of garlic, crushed & chopped,
2 chicken breasts, chopped,
4-6 medallions of smoked bacon, chopped,
4tbsp lemon juice,
freshly ground black pepper,
3 heaped tablespoons of quark/low fat soft cheese,
30g wholewheat pasta.
1. Soften the onions and garlic with a few sprays of low cal cooking spray.
2. Fill a pan with water for the pasta and start it on a high heat to get it boiling.
3. Add your chopped chicken breasts and bacon to the onions and garlic to cook through.
4. While the chicken is cooking, add the pasta to the boiling water to start cooking.
5. Once the chicken & bacon is cooked through, add the lemon juice, black pepper and cheese to make a sauce and let it simmer until the pasta is done.
6. TASTE! Add more cheese, lemon juice or black pepper if you think it needs it.
7. When the pasta is done, drain and mix with the delicious chicken.
You can experiment with this recipe in terms of vegetables. I served mine with some slices of avocado on top, but next time i might try adding 1/2 of one to the sauce and maybe add some diced red pepper!
This recipe is healthy and not too creamy, the perfect dinner time dish!!